The UFS teams and working groups serve a fundamental role in the UFS community. They are a diverse group of subject matter experts who provide input and insight on an ongoing basis. They also developed and maintained the UFS Strategic Implementation Plan (SIP). They collaborate closely with the UFS Steering Committee (a part of the UFS Governance) and
the NOAA Program Offices, which fund and support the UFS. They are dynamic because they evolve, with the UFS as needs change.
To find out more information or join a Team/Working Group, contact a team member using the information you find here.
- Medium-Range Weather (MRW)
- Sub-seasonal to Seasonal (S2S)
- Short-Range Weather/Convection Allowing Model (SRW/CAM)
- Space Weather
- Air Quality
- Verification and Validation (V&V)
- Systems Architecture and Infrastructure
- Communications and Outreach (C&O)
Component Working Group Teams
- Aerosols and Atmospheric Composition
- Data Assimilation (DA) and Ensembles
- Dynamics & Nesting
- Post Processing (PP)